Sunday, May 4, 2008

My assignment: sculpture

For my piece i choose to let the assignment take me were ever it would lead me. This piece was very hard for me to understand. i could not think of an easier way to make a bubble gum bubble nor an easier to tie a shoe lace. So i decided to go against this and really though about every thing that would be incorporated in my piece. My piece incorporates a microphone stand,and fan mechanisism that was changed to suck air from a mouth piece and or mouth, that would be blown in to a sewn semi transpernt ball, that is a literal and a representation of a bubble. My piece is a self blown piece that takes the idea of blowing a bubble gum bubble, and almost eliminates the role of a person. My piece incorporates a snorkleing mouth piece that is placed on top of the opening that is the input of air flow. this small piece was placed on top of the microphone stand at mouth level. reason fro the stand is a very simple yet complicated element. i asked for suggestion in my piece for placement and such and a got microphone stand. At first it was kind of random, but after thinking about a M. stand and what i means to me, i thought of a interesting concept. ( Mainly when people blow bubble gum bubbles they are in competition with other they want to blow the biggest bubble to shohw their talent.) a microphone stand is a location were a person commands attention like the bubble. The sewn ball AKA the Bubble is only inflated with air flowing through the mouth piece if the opening is covered that ball keep the air and slowly starts to disinflate. THIS sort of happens if a person stands close up to the mouth piece, and the person feels the air being taken from the body even without trying. the ball becomes a container of several peoples air, in a way evry one contribute to the inflation of my piece, without even knowing.

No comments: